- BS preferred or equivalent work experience. Generally, 4+ years work experience in a related discipline.
- CCNP Certification preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF 2.
- Advanced knowledge of layer 3 and layer 2 switching, spanning-tree protocols, ARP, port-channel, DHCP.
- Hardware hands-on and knowledge – Cisco Nexus 5K, 7K, 9Ks, FEX 2K, Cisco 3900 routers, Cisco CRS/Company, Juniper MX960, Cisco ASR 1K/9K routers.
- Working knowledge of VMWare/xcp-ng deployment and implementation
- Working knowledge of Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Software Defined Network (SDN).
- Experience with Linux, scripting and OpenStack administration is preferred.
- Any network scripting and automation experience is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MPLS and WAN technologies, L2 & L3 VPN.
- Network documentation and Visio skills
- Basic level of project management skills
- Should be able to multitask or work on multiple projects concurrently
- Good communication and ability to work with multiple groups
- Build new DMZs for the new applications being hosted in the network data center – Includes, configure VLANs, update routing, configure load balancers and interact with firewalls for complete DMZ build outs.
- Modify DMZ's as per the customer requests – For example adding new VLANs, adding IPv6 support, changing SSL certificates on the load balancers.
- Application migration requiring network layer2 and layer3 updates to the transport switching and routing infrastructure in spine-leaf fabric configurations.
- Upgrade software code on the transport network elements (load balancers, routers, and switches) with minimal customer downtime.
- Bring up new routers, switches and load balancers in the Telecommunication network data center according to the defined network standards and best practices.
- Verify that all these elements correctly comply with the network management systems and various network monitoring platforms.
- Troubleshoot any issues in the network for services affected in the data center and provide technical support and guidance to Design, Engineering, and Operations teams.
- Engineering & Operations support prior to network ready as well as post-deployment.
- Configuration development, standardization, and auditing support.
- Manage good vendor relationship for effective and on time deliverables.