Duties and Responsibilities
- People Management and manage resources, both individual contributors and 1st line managers
- Must understand the technical components of client server relationships and strong experience in managing tough customer conversations.
- Hands on experience with minimum 2 Public Cloud environments like AWS, Azure , GCP
- Ability to manage multiple projects / programs and influence cross functional contributors
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills; ability to communicate with stakeholders effectively
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal departments to enable cross functional relationships (engineering, service delivery and product)
- Analytical ability to establish baselines and deviation from baselines in a clear manner
- Manage and coordinate day to day activities of the Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Automation teams in a global support model and continuously keep goals and deliverables.
- Support management of colocation datacenters, AWS / Azure / GCP cloud environments, and automation platforms to ensure operational excellence.
- Provide guidance for resource management and operations coverage for 24x7 infrastructure hosting.
- Guide engineers developing automation to provision and manage infrastructure resources in a diverse, hybrid cloud environment.
- Support continued refinement and expansion of infrastructure health monitoring and incident response.
- Develop and grow the team through recruitment, trainings, challenging assignments, and rewards/recognition on consistent basis.
- Ensure teams follow the established change and incident and change management processes.
- Understand and continuously recommend improvements to Cloud Operations processes, documentation, and tools.
- Obtain and keep up to date the organizational and technical knowledge required to perform the role.
Candidate Requirements :
- This role requires a seasoned, skilled, independent, self-motivated, and smart leader, who is experienced with 24x7 mission-critical cloud infrastructure, operations, processes, tools, and best practices.
- The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills, including ability to interact and work with staff and leadership at all levels, in person as well as over email, phone, and video. The selected candidate will have proven ability to lead, facilitate, and motivate teams.
- 8+ years of experience in IT including 5+ years in a management/leadership position in a cloud, online services based organization.
Significant practical experience managing or supporting large-scale on-prem and public cloud infrastructure, including :
1. Sizeable AWS / Azure / GCP public cloud infrastructure
2. Large on-prem datacenters, servers, storage and VMware virtualization
3. Configuration management and infrastructure automation platforms, e.g. Chef, Jenkins, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation
- Significant practical experience with 24x7 support or administration of large-scale, transaction-intensive, multi-site, international IT infrastructure operations involving thousands of servers and 99.99% SLA.
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems, virtualization, SQL and/or NoSQL databases, servers, storage, web servers, networking concepts, and infrastructure security.
- Practical experience or a high level of comfort working with DevOps teams in a fast-moving, agile software development environment.
- Good understanding of incident and change management processes in an agile environment
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to deal with ambiguous situations on a consistent basis.
- Strong work ethic, highly organized, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Due to 24x7x365 nature of cloud infrastructure operations, this role may require flexible work schedule and off-hours support from time to time